Ok friends, lets see who can top this story from a tuesday night...
Imagine...
you get off work, head home - relax a bit - watch the first period of the canucks vs. oilers. Then, at the first intermission head over to your friends house and head out to a little ol' place in mission that we like to call 'the springs'.
Throw back a few pints with your friends and others and enjoy a gourmet california burger. with bacon. Then, someone gets a crazy idea of playing some mid-march volleyball out on the sand courts. Head out there and and play a great round of beach volley ball with your friends and a crew of new faces whom you've seen (every tuesday) but have not yet met...
IT WAS SO FUN! We had such a blast. The sand was so cold on our feet, but it was such a good time. Especially when a few of 'the springs' regulars who had a few too many came out to play with us. It was good ol' rowdy game of volleyball. Suprisingly everyone was playing by some form of rules and we even had a regular rotation.
That night definately goes down in 'the springs' history. oh, and for the record - 2.50 pints, 5.00 gourmet burgers. i'm in. most tuesdays anyway.
Can anyone top that story? Drop a comment if your tuesday night was better then that - i'll give an iPod Nano (2gig) to the person who can top it.
has anyone read the davinci code? I heard about it tonight - it sounds really interesting. I might have to go by it... then again - i haven't fin ished ANY of the books i've bought - even the ones i'm super interested in. I've been trying to read this book where bono (u2) has these conversations with an old friend and "tells all"... BUT - i just can't finish it. It's unfortunate really... LK owns a huge bookstore and i can't even finish 'a' book, let alone many... sigh.
SK
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

8 comments:
I read the Da Vinci Code. I read it because everyone (yes, everyone) said "You won't be the same once you read it" Well I read it with little to no impact, but I'm pretty cynical so... but honestly I think The Great Divorce had a greater impact on me, so maybe you should read that.
Speaking of Tuesday night. I got up early and went to school. When I got there I did an interview with funny-man Lorne Elliot (via telephone) and then hung out with some very cool journalism students and one hip hop guy for a bit.
After that I trucked to the library where I stayed buried in books for the next three hours. Then I went to class. In class we watched a documentary about the Columbine shootings and discussed the good and bad about how it was covered (by journalists) and discussed how trauma should be covered. Needless to say, we did not come to a conclusion. Then I studied more. At 6 p.m. I began a second class, PR.
I like to think this stands for Punish Robyn.
After class I (having neglected to drive to school) started looking for a ride home and ended up at the dorms where I found a Norwegian. She drove me to Starbucks (nowhere near my home) and we stayed there and chatted for a couple hours. She then took me home and I spent the next three hours doing my homework for my 8:30 a.m. Wednesday class.
Now give me that iPod! You didn't say it had to be FUNNER, you just said TOPS. And I wasn't cold or drunk even once in the day, so I think my day was not only topped yours educationally but spiritually and resourcefully as well.
i never said i was drunk either. perhaps i had a spiritual experience out there on the court that i have not yet disclosed. you're in the running...
Yes, I too read the DaVinci code. I think it is a thrilling and very intriguing story, nothing more. It certainly didn't change anything about my life. I am looking forward to seeing the movie though - to see what kind of angle they play it on -- see what they decide to do with it.
M
ps. I got nothing for the iPod contest - I fell asleep on the couch at like 9.
Okay, most of Tuesday was so-so. I showed up late to work (1/2 hour late for staff meeting - to the requesite greeting "Good Afternoon Brent" at 9:30am). Most of the rest slid into about the same category as the beginning, until after youth group.
Get this, my last youth left the church at 9:45pm and I got ready to go home. I hopped in my beat up truck and my phone whistles at me (cause I got a message). It didn't whistle earlier cause it don't work in the building...stupid building... anyhow, it was a message from Geoff at Freedom Records, wanting me to call right away, as long as it wasn't midnight. SO I called him!
They want me to do two more albums. THey heard about me from a friend of mine at Alex's (my wife's) church and listened to the album and loved it! They are going to help set up distribution across Canada and in the Western States, as well as put me on Hokus Pick's reunion tour as the opening act!!! I'll be touring throughout the year with them and then move on to my own tour in the fall!!!!
Needless to say, I was pretty pumped. I got off the phone with Geoff and called Alex. She was pretty excited, but said she had something important to share with me when I got home, so I was curious...she wanted to wait until she could say it face to face....
I got home super fast and she met me at the door. She told me that she got the final letter from Canada Immigration and was finally a landed resident (this is the end of 3 3/4 years of interviews and various inconveniences...)!!! Huge news!!! Plus, even more crazy, she is PREGNANT!!! WOW!! What an evening!!
Check out my blog Steve-0 for the details, so I can win my iPod.
switch21.blogspot.com
in case you didn't have it before.
holy crap. Brent wins. HOLY CRAP!
I would say that Brent wins, But Ill give it a shot. So I was in Montana working on the ranch. Me and my cousin were moving a cow/ calf pair from one part of the farm to the other part. The calf wasnt walking very good, just being stubbern. So my cousin wacked the cow on the nose with his glove to try and get her moving. I turned my back on them for a second, and look back to see my cousin on the other side of a fence. I started laughing now what had just happend. The cow charged him. So I tell him to go up ahead and open the gate they need to go through to we dont need to mess with that when we get them there. So he goes and opens the gate. I was back aprox. 20 - 30 feet from her. I was trying to keep my distance. But that didnt matter. For no reason at all, she runs and knocks me to the ground. Starts mashing her head into me. He finally go bored of that, and ran back to her calf. Stupid cow, got me all muddy on the ground. My cousin comes back, and is standing now on the other side of the yard, beside a tall fence. The cow throws her head in his direction. And what does he do? He jumps up and down, and waves his arms and yes at her. Not a good idea. He was aways away from her, but by the time she was hitting the fence, if was just falling over the other side of it. He said he looked up to see her standing over top of him, luckly on the other side of the fence. Moments like that on the farm sure get your heart racing. But its all in the excitment of the ranch.
By the ways Steve, I never got those picture of me in Italy, at that watering hole. If you have those is it would be fun to get a copy of it. Thanks.
I'm surprised no on else has said it yet. Dan Brown is a thief and a liar. The Davinci Code is mindless drivel, spawned from inconsistant stolen knowledge. There's two reasons it's so popular. People are obssessed with Jesus, and people are obssessed with conspiracy theories. The Davinci Code combines them.
That being said, it's a good novel/action story. It will make a good movie, assuming that they've paid off all the poor sods that Dan Brown stole his knowledge from.
Post a Comment