Hey guys, we had a pretty amazing experience today at a school called Providence Christian in Jacksonville, it has about 1200 students. We played for about 800 of the higher grade students and saw at least 125 kids get sponsored. That means that on our first 3 days of tour we've seen over 330 kids get sponsored. Things are crazy here, we're super tired and a little bit bickery with eachother so please pray for that.
I'll tell you a quick funny story. We played the world vision video and met a female teacher afterwards who explained to us that she was a breast feeding mother of a 4 month old child. She went on to describe that when she saw the world vision video she wanted to "take her breasts to africa and say 'here they are'" (cup breasts and bounce here). She then said that she was "emotional" and needed to go deal with something and cupped her breasts again. Let me tell you, Steve and Nathan and I got a real kick out of that! As funny as that story is it was really neat to hear another way on which that video reaches people.
sorry no pictures today. We stayed at the school for the whole school day and then drove 3 hours to some free lodging in Orlando - unfortuneatley no wireless there so i'm using the wireless at a restuarant we're at called "Moes"
We're all really tired but tomorrow we get to sleep in before driving another 3 or 4 hours down to Kendall, FL for an evening concert.
I love you courtney. I miss you mom and dad. I love you aimee and cara
sometime homes feels a little easier then today.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
We love you too Steve and are praying for you guys. We just got home tonight. Lots of snow and COLD - up to 45 below C. Sheesh.
See you soon.
Love,
Mom
steve, love reading your posts. The breastfeeding story was great! Hope you find moments of stillness in this whirlwind trip.
i love you.
aimee
I miss you too.
-Schulz-
Post a Comment