Monday, July 25, 2005

Here's an interesting though. I'm in London today until tomorrow afternoon. When i arrived at the train station i was greeted by about 12 police officers with machine guns. One of them had his gun pointed into the crowd and was chatting on a cell phone. What a way to instill fear into a nation.

This is an image I captured at the train station at East Croydon. This young boy was across the tracks shouting loudly and shooting his toy gun at passerbyes. I must say, It seemed quite strange to travel from the Gatwick train station where officers were weilding their machine guns to this small village to see this boy using his gun as a toy.

Odd...

1 comment:

Aimee said...

This is quite a timely photo. What a strange situation -- real guns at one place and plastic guns in another. I wonder if the boy was imitating police he had seen in other stations. aimee