Sunday, August 14, 2005

Knackered.

Hmm, Where should i start? Many things to write about.

I will make a list here so that i don't forget what i want to write about!

-Work, Blues Festival, Church,
-Friends-Msn - Is it too lame?
-The BBQ - The Cube
-Lances Album - Mastered
-Aimee
-Cara, Andy, and Sarah - a Joyous Return!
-Mom and Dad and photos - moms crappy camera


Work - It's been pretty crazy since I’ve been back as I’ve mentioned before. After mixing Lances album i was hoping to have a few days off but got called into BCIT for the week! Then on the weekend (starting Friday morning) i was mixing at a Blues Festival and making sure the Sound System was in order. I was the only staff from the production company who could be on site all weekend so i was the 'Go-To-Guy' if there was an issue. I had a lot of fun but it was also very very tiring working - long hours. The first night some new friends of mine came out from langley and we went "Chilliwaxin'" and went by Timhortons and then went and had SLURPEES! YHAY! I'll try and post some pictures of "Chilliwaxin'" soon. The second night of the festival the same friends came out and then we went "Abbotsfordaxin'" and went to Boston Pizza and partook (a new word?) in fine natchos, chicken fingers, and a dang Kay-Saw-Dill-Ah.

Church - This week my worship pastor asked me to lead a few new songs. "Your grace is enough" - Chris Tomlin and "Nothing but your blood" - matt Redman. Good times - except that i didn't have any time to practice expcept early early this morning to learn the songs. Then i joined the band at church and led them. It went pretty good. Should've changed my guitar strings though it sounded like a wet sausage with a microphone plugged into it.

Friends - As some of you know - when i was in Europe i was winjing to my self about how i don't have any friends or some poppy-cock along that line. I then made a decision that i would like to start investing more time in my friends rather then going home after a long day of work and sitting on my duff. This means i will be pro-active in doing stuff, and if i get invited to go for coffee (i hate going for coffee) i will go because its the friends i would go for!

MSN Messenger - IS probably one of my favorite modes of communication, However - recently I’ve had a few friends tell me they think msn is lame and impersonal. I enjoy it because its easy and you can communicate to many people at once as well as do work like emails and such. I think i will consciously monitor my time spent on msn and weigh the value of it. What do you people think of messenger?

BBQ - YAY! I'm so excited. This bbq has been planned for over a month! I planned it with Vange and Zena (the hotties on my Italy team - pictured at the bottom of the blog eating gelato) and I’m quite excited about it. After this post i'll post a picture of Rick (vanges hubby) Zena and I in the Cube! Our cube van we used to haul stuff around. We had some good times in that vehicle! I was the navigator! Rick was the pilot and the ladies were just there to make us look gooooooooooood.

One of the reasons i had to type out the list of what i wanted to write today is because I’m heavily distracted. I'm listening to the 1st Master of mastered album. It sounds amazing! I'm really excited about it. I've committed to helping lance sell at least 400 copies of this album before Christmas. Lance will soon have a few songs posted at www.purevolume.com/lanceodegard that you can go listen to. If you like those, the album will be available at houseofjames.com in late September or early October.

Oh Aimee - I received an email at my STERR email account about a few spelling mistakes on the STERR website. I appreciate you Aimz. Please correct EVERY SPELLING MISTAKE I EVER MAKE ON MY BLOG AS WELL - there are so many. It's terribly embarrassing to go back and read my blog and find that my sentences have changed meaning because i leave letters out or spell words wrong. sheesh.

Today in church i got to see Baby Sarah, Cara and Andy! They've returned from their long vacation in southern Alberta. They were visiting a bible camp they worked at last year. Near where Sarah was born. Joyous! WELCOME HOME!

My mom has this junky digital camera and recently whenever I’ve been out with them we take a photo of us where I reach my hand out and hold the camera and we squish together and smile. It's funny - we did it last night at the blues festival and i thought - this is neat. A cool special thing i get to do with the Lando and the Kathy. I love you mom and dad.

I think that’s about it. I will some photos from the BBQ later tonight and some photos from the blues fest as well as the cube.

Cheers to you all!

Steven.

5 comments:

Aimee said...

wow Steven, awesome blog. You seem to be really getting the hang of this blogging thing. This was a great entry - full of variety, humour and depth - the perfect mix in a blog. Looking forward to seeing you in Sept/Oct. Love, Aimee

Kathy said...

Great blog. To comment on the MSN question. It seems like it can be a fun additional connection with friends, but for me nothing beats voice to voice, or better yet, eye to eye contact. Is coffee too still for you? Do something active instead.
Mom got a crappy - FREE camera. This leads to her enjoying it and wanting a better one. Now to keep up this new long armed photo hobby - we'll have to keep showing up at events together. Thanks for the love - Love you, Mom

Melanie said...

YAY for a huge blog entry! I like the list at the beginning - it's like a table of contents of what we're going to read - adds to the suspense. KEEP WRITING!!

Melanie

Melanie said...

Oh, I forgot - I really like MSN in some instances. It helps to get to know people better I think, but I agree that it should only be supplementary (unless the people live far away and talking on the phone is too expensive). Also, I have found that sometimes it's easier to say hard things on MSN to people, then talk about it later. But that's because I'm kind of a chicken.

Melanie

Anonymous said...

Whens this BBQ? Am I invited? I still want those pictures of me.